Tuesday, February 5, 2008

OMG, crap.

(Look out for falling worms.)

Come Saturday, the bin will be emptied again. For the third time. The top level will be screened for any and all heat-generating paper larger than my pinky fingernail. The worms will be screened gently out of that hot mess (How? Dunno.). The six inches of base compost will be removed. Why, you ask?

The support upon which the worms and bedding sit is a big honking wire grid, elevated above the base tray. Big holes in the grid are about 2 x 4 inches, more air than wire. The enclosed instructions say to place 1-3 layers of dry newspaper over these holes. I used some paper bags, too.

Nuh-uh. It's supposed to be 10. (TEN). Found out via another phone support session today.

According to the very sweet and apologetic woman at the other end of the phone, I must have received an old copy of the instructions. I'm so totally ok with that. Mistakes happen. I've made a-plenty-o, heck yes I have.

But. I have to empty the bin because THE FREAKING COMPOSTED BASE LAYER IS ALREADY FALLING THROUGH THE FREAKING GIANT HOLES.

Sorry for yelling.

OMG I HAVE TO EMPTY THE BIN AGAIN.

Um, sorry.

5 comments:

RG said...

Howsa Bunnies?????

Yellow said...

You must also be making huge dents in the local off-licence's red wine supplies to keep you going. Do you play soothing music to calm your nerves while shoveling worm poop?

L.Bo Marie said...

I think the worms might enjoy the music too...
lol....
and the wine?

ilex said...

Thanks for commenting, everybody!

'Tis best to leave wine out of the bin altogether- hiccoughing, stumbling worms, just what I need.

Yellow, I do plan on taking a pic of all MY empties piled on top of the bin, once the bin is finally put to bed. Could take a case.

Music-- not so much. Husband and I are political junkies. Our white noise of choice is cable news. I likely won't blog about it; I've nothing to add to that din.

If we're feeling frisky, we tune in Windsor's CBC signal from across the mighty Detroit River. We heart Peter Mansbridge- no, really!

Hey, Miss L.Bo-- Speaking of favorite CBCers, whatever happened to that hottie Ian Hanomansing? I miss "Canada Now".

Rabbit-saint- will certainly blog about the buns this weekend.

L.Bo Marie said...

mmmm... Ian....
I guess Jian is aiming for title of CBC hottie.... lol.
(insert eyeroll here)
oh Jain.....
;)