Thursday, November 19, 2009

The 10th Annual Weston A Price Foundation Conference-- my .02



When I sum up the WAPF in a single short sentence (to someone who's eyes are already glazing over), I usually say they promote pre-industrial foods and food systems.

For those who want more info about what the Foundation does, here a link to the WAPF home page.

Last weekend's conference was my first.  It was truly fabulous to walk into a room full of real-food foodies-- attendance was about 1100.  It was great to not get the blank stare (or alternatively, the look of terror) when waxing rhapsodic about fermentation and raw milk.  And the meals were divine.

So- best parts of the conference were the food and my fellow attendees.

I doubt I'll attend again- but I'm glad I went at least once.  It is really nice to know I'm not alone.

5 comments:

The Bunns said...

You have us!

PJ said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and I'm sure you met lots of lovely people.

Living vicariously,
P

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Wasn't this post different before? nah, never mind I must be losing my mind. Good food is always an inspiration.

The Bunns said...

Ahem ... WE did not say that.

ilex said...

Diana- Yeah, I shortened it considerably. You're not losing your mind.

Bunns, I know I have you, but it was really something to walk into a giant room full of foodie activists.